Monday, September 28, 2009

Introduction and Welcome

Welcome to my blog!!

My name is Lou Ford. I was born and raised in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, and have lived in Southeastern PA for most of my life. I currently live amid the Amish farmlands of Chester and Lancaster counties. I’m not much of a writer and have never written a blog before, but I hope this will develop into something meaningful, not only to myself, but anyone else who happens to stumble upon this page.

I’m not a professional artist. I’m not a professional photographer. In fact, at the moment, I’m not a professional anything. Just a guy looking to have a hobby in his retirement years that will not only pass the time, but provide something that will be enjoyed by myself and others.

I've always been into photography - going back to my childhood days with a Kodak Instamatic. Through the years, most of my work has involved filling photo albums with family pictures and documenting family vacations. Only recently, through retirement, have I been able to dedicate more time to developing a style and building a portfolio. I really enjoy photography. To me it is a way to get out and enjoy and celebrate the beauty of God's creation.

I haven’t developed a specialty yet… I have a wide range of photographs in my galleries - flowers and water lilies, cityscapes, travel and landscape photos, photos of rural Pennsylvania around my home, hummingbirds, and digitally altered works. I hope to add even much more variety as we go along.

I don’t know where this blog will be taking me, but I’ll probably start out with photography around the southeastern PA area, where I live. Maybe throw in some topics from trips we’ve taken in the recent past, or will take in the future.

I have no grandiose expectations that this blog will be read by many people – or even ANY people. But I hope to use it to improve my skills in digital photography, and hopefully the skills of others.

Lou Ford

PS - If you have a chance, please check out my ImageKind Store and Flickr Collections.

NEXT POST: A Word about Equipment


No comments:

Post a Comment